Thursday, August 20, 2009

Health Care debate USA '09

How can a land that prides itself on flag waving and freedom turn its back on so many millions of its citizens. I am chiming in on this topic with a quick thought from both sides of the fence. Having spent most of my life living in Canada, I can put to rest the questions of single payer health coverage. As with every type of health coverage serving a large populous, it has its flaws, but nothing like the smear campaign is saying here in the US right now. Never was I refused service or forced to wait long times for treatment. On the contrary, my experience was prompt, professional and first class. The wait times I had were similar to those of the waits in the US and in some cases, quicker. I was never given Rx unless absolutely required, unlike the profit driven model we have here in the states. If people want to know why Americans are addicted to Rx drugs, take a look at the system that allows for easy access to drugs that are far worse than most street drugs. Just look at the " side effects" of most of these drugs. This will never happen untill we take the power from these drug companies that look more like billion dollar drug pushers. America needs to wake up and realize they are paying more than anyone else for health care and getting far less in return. This is not a left right issue, its a humanitarian issue. Health care should be a basic human right and not a privelage. Thats my two sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment